Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Second Verse Same As The First



After spending three loads of laundry time ( approximately 220 minutes) in second life I came to a conclusion, the virtual world is a very quiet place. Inside Second Life virtual sounds surrounded my flights and teleportations. The ambience developed through sounds tended to sooth and put me in a state of relaxation. This feeling of relaxation kept me wandering about the feelings of anxiety I have in my everyday life and asking a couple of social questions. Are we living in a constant state of anxiety and are the sounds that we produce in the "First Life" one of the main contributors to such a state? So I am proposing for my next project to create an environment in first life that utilizes sounds for animated spaces. A few speakers and some amplifiers should suffice.
John Mata

No comments: